MPEG-7 Feature Extraction Library : This library is adapted from MPEG-7 XM Reference Software
to make it work with Open Source Computer Vision library (OpenCV) data structures (e.g., IplImage, Mat). It has a very easy-to-use API.
Moreover, existing bugs (resulting in wrong descriptor values) in XM software are corrected.
- MPEG-7 Low Level Feature Extraction Library, C++ source code: The source code uses the Mat data structure of OpenCV 2.2 and compiles with MinGW, MSVC and GCC.
- MPEG-7 Low Level Feature Extraction - Command Line Tool:
program to extract MPEG-7 low level color and texture descriptors from whole images
using the MPEG-7 Low Level Feature Extraction Library.
The tool uses OpenCV2.0 (DLLs are included in the archive for convenience).
The archive contains the executable (MPEG7Fex.exe), OpenCV2.0 DLLs, Readme.txt (explains in detail how to use the
program), sample images and sample outputs. As an example, to extract Color Structure Descriptor (CSD) of size 64
from a set of images, just type MPEG7Fex.exe CSD 64 imageList.txt CSD.txt on the command line,
and the descriptors will be written to CSD.txt file, one line per image.
Extraction will be faster if the image sizes are constant (e.g., video keyframes) due to memory
allocation/deallocation/reallocation overhead when the image sizes change.
Supported MPEG-7 Descriptors : (Extraction from whole images supported)
- Color Structure Descriptor (CSD)
- Scalable Color Descriptor (SCD)
- Color Layout Descriptor (CLD)
- Dominant Color Descriptor (DCD)
- Homogeneous Texture Descriptor (HTD)
- Edge Histogram Descriptor (EHD)
- MPEG-7 Low Level Feature Extraction Library (static/dynamic, C++):
Extraction of low-level MPEG-7 descriptors from images/frames, regions, multiple frames whenever appropriate.
It compiles on both Linux and Windows with minimal or no change.
Supported descriptors: Color Structure Descriptor (CSD), Scalable Color Descriptor (SCD),
Group of Frame Group of Picture Descriptor (GoF/GoP),
Color Layout Descriptor (CLD), Dominant Color Descriptor (DCD), Face Recognition Descriptor (FRD),
Homogeneous Texture Descriptor (HTD), Edge Histogram Descriptor (EHD),
Region Shape Descriptor (RSD), Contour Shape Descriptor (CShD).
Home - Contents
Last update: 12.04.2011
For questions and/or comments please contact Muhammet Baştan