Fundamental Structures of Computer Science II
Semester : Summer 2010
Instructor : Dr. Ilyas Cicekli
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 290-1589
Course Hours: Monday 13:40-15:30 Tuesday 13:40-15:30 Thursday 13:40-15:30 (EB103)
Off. Hours : Tuesday 10:40-12:00
Sefa Kılıç Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ofis:EA-530, Tel: 1425, Off. Hours:
 Frank M. Carrano, Data Abstraction and Problem Solving with C++: Walls and Mirrors, 5th edition, Addison-Wesley, 2007. (required)
 Harvey M. Deitel and Paul J. Deitel, C++ How to Program, Prentice Hall, 2005. (recommended)
 Mark A. Weiss, Data Structures & Algorithm Analysis in C++, Addison Wesley, 2006. (recommended)
Tentative Course Outline:
1. Algorithm Efficiency and Sorting (Ch.9 of textbook )
2. Trees (Ch.10 of textbook )
3. Tables and Priority Queues (Ch.11 of textbook )
4. Advanced Implementation of Tables (Ch.12 of textbook )
5. Graphs (Ch.13 of textbook )
Midterm 1 : 25% (closed-book, closed-notes)
Midterm 2 : 25% (closed-book, closed-notes)
Final : 30% (closed-book, closed-notes)
Homeworks : 20%
· Assignments will be posted on the web page 7 days before their due date.
· Assignments are due at class time on the due date; they will not be accepted after the class time.
· Turned in assignments must be printer outputs with your names, student ids, and sections on them; otherwise they will not be graded.
· You should also send an email message (to your TA) containing your typed homework and source codes of your C++ programs in your homework. You should send this email message before 6:00 pm on the due date.
· Graded assignments are to be picked up from the TAs during their office hours.
· You have to do your own homework. CHEATING WILL BE HEAVILY PUNISHED.
Course Web Page : ( Visit this web page regularly)
· Assignment 2 - Due Date: July 5 (Monday)
· Assignment 3 - Due Date: July 13 (Tuesday)
· Assignment 4 - Due Date: July 23 (Friday)