Bilkent University - Computer Engineering Department
CS490: Senior Research Project
Description: The purpose of this course is to introduce students to research techniques in computer engineering and science. Each student is assigned a research topic that is suitable to his/her academic background and interests. Under the supervision of a departmental faculty member, the student will tackle the problem and try to find a satisfactory solution. Written and oral presentations of results are required.
Credit units: 3, ECTS Credit units: 5.
Prerequisite(s): CS 202 and CS 224 and CS 315 and CS 319 and MATH 225 and MATH230.
- AGPA ≥ 3.00 and all courses of the first two years are completed
- Can be taken as a technical elective course
- Can be taken at most once
- No group projects or literature survey is accepted
- All prerequisites courses listed above must be satisfied
A student needs to agree first with a faculty member on taking the course. Then he/she will fill and sign the following registration form and submit it to the department. All signatures must be completed in the order on the form. The student then needs to create a course override form (from SRS). The department will add the course with this override form to the student. These must be completed before the registration period ends (by add/drop deadline).
- Coordinated by a faculty member (Coordinator)
- A student can register for this course when the faculty and the student agree on the project topic.
- A faculty member can offer this course to at most two students per semester.
- The student prepares one interim report during the semester. The student submits a final report and gives a presentation to all students and faculty involved in the course at that semester, during the final exams period.
- The letter grade of the student is determined by the faculty member and the coordinator.
Project Proposals (grouped by Faculty Member)