GRADUATE STUDENT SUPERVISION
- Mustafa Can Çavdar (M.S., September 2016,
Co-Supervisor: Ibrahim Körpeoğlu), A Utilization Based Genetic Algorithm for Virtual Machine Placement in Cloud Computing
- Tolga Yılmaz (M.S., June 2016), Improving
Educational Search and Question Answering
- Arif Usta (M.S., September 2015), Optimization of an
Educational Search Engine using Learning to Rank Algorithms
- Basri Kahveci (M.S., August 2015), Integrating Social
Factors into Mobile Local Search
- Fatih Çalışır (M.S., August 2015,
Co-Supervisor: Uğur Güdükbay), Mobile Image Search using Multi-Image Queries
- Fethi Burak Sazoğlu (M.S., September 2014,
Co-Supervisor: İsmail Sengör Altıngövde), Efficient Result
Caching Mechanisms in Search Engines
- Amir Rahimzadeh Ilkhechi (M.S., July 2014, Co-Supervisor: Ibrahim
Körpeoğlu), Network-Aware Virtual Machine Placement in Cloud Data Centers with
Multiple Traffic-Intensive Components
- Yusuf Aytaş (M.S., January 2014, Co-Supervisor:
Hakan Ferhatosmanoğlu), Top-k Link Recommendation for Development
of P2P Social Networks
- Erdem Sarıgil (M.S., September 2012), Analysis
of Web Search Queries with Very Few or No Results
- Oğuz Yılmaz (M.S., September 2012), Longitudinal
Analysis of Search Engine Query Logs - Temporal Coverage
- Şadiye Alıcı (M.S., October 2011), A
Result Cache Invalidation Scheme for Web Search Engines.
- Rıfat Özcan (Ph.D, September 2011), Caching
Techniques for Large Scale Web Search Engines.
- Fatih Çakır (M.S., July 2011, Co-Supervisor:
Uğur Güdükbay), Nearest-Neighbor Based Metric Functions for Indoor
- Duygu Atılgan (M.S., August 2010), Efficiency
and Effectiveness of XML Keyword Search Using a Full Element-Index.
- Yunus Emre Aslan (M.S., August 2010, Co-Supervisor:
Ibrahim Körpeoğlu), A Framework for the Use of Wireless Sensor
Networks in Forest Fire Detection and Monitoring.
- Muhammet Baştan (Ph.D, July 2010, Co-Supervisor:
Uğur Güdükbay), BilVideo7: Video Parsing, Indexing and Retrieval.
- Ediz Şaykol (Ph.D, September 2009, Co-Supervisor:
Uğur Güdükbay), A Scenario-Based Query Processing Framework for
- İsmail Sengör Altıngövde (Ph.D, July 2009), Improving
the Efficiency of Search Engines: Strategiew for Focused Crawling,
Searching, and Index Pruning.
- Onur Küçüktunç (M.S., July 2009, Co-Supervisor:
Uğur Güdükbay), Content-Based Video Copy Detection using
- Fatih Melih Özbekoğlu (M.S., July 2009,
Co-Supervisor: Ibrahim Körpeoğlu), Data Dissemination Strategies
for Mobile Peer-to-Peer Information Systems with Applications to
- Hayati Çam (M.S., September 2008, Co-Supervisor:
Uğur Güdükbay), Query Processing for An MPEG-7 Compliant Video
- İsmet Zeki Yalnız (M.S., August 2008,
Co-Supervisor: Uğur Güdükbay), Integrated Segmentation and
Recognition of Connected Ottoman Script.
- Murat Karakaya (Ph.D, March 2008, Co-Supervisor:
Ibrahim Körpeoğlu), Counteracting Free Riding in Pure Peer-to-Peer
- Tarkan Sevilmiş (M.S., November 2005,
Co-Supervisor: Uğur Güdükbay), Automatic Detection of Salient
Objects for a Video Database System.
- Özlem Nurcan Subakan (M.S., August 2005), Cluster-Based
Collaborative Filtering with Inverted Indexing.
- Selim Çıracı (M.S., August 2005,
Co-Supervisor: Ibrahim Körpeoğlu), Reducing Query Overhead Through
Route-Learning in Unstructured Peer-to-Peer Networks.
- Cemil Alper (M.S., August 2004, Co-Supervisor:
Uğur Güdükbay), Semantic Query Execution in a Video Database System.
- Selma Ayşe Özel (Ph.D, January 2004), Metadata-Based
and Personalized Web Querying.
- Gökhan Yavaş (M.S., December 2003), Using a
Data Mining Approach for Prediction of User Movements in Mobile
- Aykut Ünal (M.S., September 2002), Discovering
Associations from Event Histories at Multiple Time Granularities.
- Mustafa Kutlutürk (M.S., August 2002), Implementation
of a Topic Map Data Model for a Web-Based Information Resource.
- Eyüp Sabri Konak (M.S., August 2002, Co-Supervisor:
Uğur Güdükbay), A Content-Based Image Retrieval System for Texture
and Color Queries.
- Mehmet Emin Dönderler (Ph.D, July 2002, Co-Supervisor:
Uğur Güdükbay), Data Modelling and Querying for Video Databases.
- Gülay Ünel (M.S., July 2002, Co-Supervisor: Uğur
Güdükbay), An Efficient Query Optimization Strategy for Spatio-Temporal
Queries in Video Databases.
- Umut Arslan (M.S., January 2002, Co-Supervisor:
Uğur Güdükbay), A Semantic Data Model and Query Language for Video
- İsmail Sengör Altıngövde (M.S., September
2001), Topic-Centric Querying of Web Resources.
- Ediz Şaykol (M.S., September 2001, Co-Supervisor:
Uğur Güdükbay), Web-Based User Interface for Query Specification
in a Video Database System.
- İlker Yoncacı (M.S., September 2001), An Efficient
Method for Generating Updates in Processing Location Dependent Continuous
- Yücel Saygın (Ph.D, August 2001), Active and
Mobile Data Management Through Event History Mining.
- Murat Karakaya (M.S., August 2000), An Efficient
Broadcast Scheduling Algorithm for Pull-Based Mobile Environments.
- Tuba Yavuz (M.S., August 1999), An Index Structure
for Moving Objects in Video Databases.
- H. Gökmen Gök (M.S., January 1999), Processing of
Continuous Queries from Moving Objects in Mobile Computing Systems.
- Anastasia Sotnikova (M.S., August 1998), An
Evaluation of Methodological Issues in Workflow Management.
- Ersan Kayan (M.S., January 1998), An Evaluation of
Transaction Management Issues in Mobile Real-Time Database Systems.
- Ali Şaman Tosun (M.S., July 1997), Static Rule
Analysis in Active Database Systems.
- Jamel Tayeb (M.S., June 1997), Design and Evaluation
of Indexing Methods for Dynamic Attributes in Mobile Database Management
- Yücel Saygın (M.S., September 1996), Implementation
of Parallel Nested Transactions for Nested Rule Execution in Active
- Uğur Çetintemel (M.S., July 1996), Objective: A
Benchmark for Object-Oriented Active Database Systems.
- Timuçin Devirmis (M.S., July 1996), Transaction
Execution in Multidatabase Systems.
- Yiğit Kulabaş (M.S., January 1996), Heuristics
for Inter-Query Optimization in Database Systems.
- Yasemin Turkan (M.S., June 1995), Global Memory
Management in Client-Server Systems.