CS 432 Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Systems
Introduction to Machine-to-Machine (M2M), Internet of Things (IoT), M2M Node Manufacturing, M2M Node Programming, Sensors and Sensor Programming, Global System for Mobile (GSM) Modules, GSM Programming, Global Positioning System (GPS) Module and GPS Programming, Smart Cities, Intelligent Operations, End-to-End (E2E) Testing.
Prerequisite: CS 342
1. Lecture and Targets. What is it about? How to serve, grading etc.
2. Intro to M2M & Environment. What is M2M / IOT in general, why it is important
3. uP building with ATMega328p. Building the uP Board using solder (Arduino based)
4. uP Programming & MQTT. Node Programming (Arduino based)
5. Intro to Sensors & Programming. What is Sensor? Their type, protocols etc
6. GSM Module & AT/GSM Programming. Usage of GSM module which is given as module and programming with AT command set
7. GPS Module & NMEA Processing. Usage of GPS module which is given as module and programming with NMEA word set
8. End of M2M Development. Questions, issues to develop the device
9. SmartCities. Concept of Smartcities
10. Intro To IOC Product intro, demo, programming fundamentals
11. Data Collection in IOC. How to transfer data to IOC. Formats etc.
12. Data Alert in IOC. How to display the Alert at IOC Dashboard
13. End of IOC Development Questions, issues to develop the IOC
14. E2E Tests. End to End Tests
15. Final Presntation/Demo (by group).
Reha Yurdakul, IBM Baris Dinc, Onur Muhendislik Ahmet Ozkaramete, Intebu Yusuf Eser, IBM
Dr. Özcan Öztürk Office Hours: 10:00 - 12:00, Tuesday or by appointment.
Credit Hours: 3
Class Schedule: 9:40 - 12:30, Monday
Classroom: EE101 (Lab is in EE Building)
Ege Berkay Gulcan
Grading Policy (Tentative):
Group grades: Normally, all members of the project group will receive the same grade. In exceptional cases, where individual students fail to demonstrate sufficient input to the group and/or understanding of what has been done, the grades of those students will be reduced.
In line with the new university regulations, students who fail to meet the following minimum course work requirements will receive an FZ grade and not be eligible to enter the final exam.
Minimum course requirements: