Back to Homepage
Işıl Doğa Yakut
Bilkent University, Department of Computer Engineering
06800, Bilkent, Ankara, TURKEY
- Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
M.Sc. candidate at Dept. of Computer Engineering
Current GPA: 3.44/4.0 Expected Graduation: June 2011
- Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
B.Sc. Dept. of Computer Engineering 
- Private Kültür Science High School, İstanbul, Turkey 
- ALGI TUBITAK Project - Fall 2009 – Fall 2010
ALGI (turkish for "perception") focuses on Computer Graphics that are perceptually enhanced.
Taking advantage of computational models of human visual system, computer graphics can be improved
so that rendering time in most applications can be reduced and produce better visualized graphics. The project
is funded by Turkey's National Science Foundation (TUBITAK)
- 3DPhone European Union Project - Fall 2009 – Fall 2010
3DPhone project aims to develop technologies and core applications enabling a new level of mobile 3D ex
perience, by developing an all-3D imaging mobile phone. The aim of the project is to realise all fundamental
functions of the phone i.e. media display, user interface (UI), and personal information management (PIM)
applications in 3D but usable without any stereo glasses.
- Multi-body Collision Detection Graduate Course Project - Fall 2009
Collision detection of iso-polyhedral object simulated on GPU
- Water Drops on Surfaces Gradute Course Project - Fall 2009
Simulation of water drops once they are on a flat, non-pourous and solid surfaces. Used algorithms and tools
are Smoothed particle hydro-dynamics method and PBRT(a physically-based rendering tool) for simulation
and rendering respectively.
- YGAlib - Parallel genetic algorithm library Graduation Project - Fall 2008 – Spring 2009
Conversion of GAlib ( a genetic algorithms library ) to a parallel library for cluster use, abstracts over parallel
calls to provide usability. Used C++, MPI, PBS and OpenMP.
- HPC Training Workshop ACM SC Education & Intel Software College - 4 days - Fall 2008
HPC workshop which focused on computational science methodologies and the related parallel programming
tools such as MPI, OpenMP, Intel toolchain and libraries.
- Multiplayer Online Game Project Course Project - Spring 2009
Responsiblity of design of the game scenario and gameplay. In addition to minor 3D modeling, supervising
the integration of the server-side game loop with the client-side activities. Used XNA and C# as development
- 3D Game ProjectCourse Project - Fall 2008
Development of a 3D, turn-based, two player game. Used C++, OpenGL, GLUT, Object3DS.
- Teaching assistantship, Department of Computer Engineering,
Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey [Fall 2009 - present]
- Portakal Technologies Ankara, TURKEY( Aug Sep 2008 / 2 months )
Intern as a Junior Software Developer
Participated on TVQ Project. TVQ Project is a software system which has three dimensions; task, velocity
and quality. I worked on task management software where a software development team members assign task
- KocSystem Business Solutions Istanbul, TURKEY ( June July 2008 / 2 months )
Department of Business Intelligence, Intern as a Junior Software Developer
Participated on reporting of credits, deposits by company and department to analyse expenses based on a
specified bank. Used Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and basic C#.
- YapıKredi Bank IT Istanbul, TURKEY ( Jan 2008 / 1 month)
Department of Datawarehouse Management, Intern as a Junior Software Developer
Build a web application for company users to view authentications of portfolio users. Used ASP.NET, C# and Oracle.
- Middle East Technical University High Honor Roll for 2 semesters
- Middle East Technical University Honor Roll for 1 semester
- Computer Graphics course, Project Completion Award [Fall 2008]
- Certificate for participation to Collaborative Learning Project, University of
North Texas [Fall 2008]
- 948th among 1.7 million participants in University Entrance Exam (ÖSS) 
- Programming skills: C, C++, Java, MATLAB, also familiar with Perl, Python
Haskell, Scheme, Prolog, HTML/CSS, SQL, PIC Assembly
- Tools/Libraries: OpenGL, MPI, Weka, LaTex, SVN, Doxygen
- Programming experience on GNU/Linux environment
- Turkish (native)
- English, TOEFL IBT score: 105/120 [October 2008]
- Piano player for 14 years. Performed in several recitals and mini-concerts.