CS 586 -
The course includes a project in which the basic aspect-oriented concepts and techniques will be practiced. Students will need to form groups of 3 to work together on a case that they have selected themselves. The case can be the design of any application, the only constraint here is that it should be sufficiently complex and relevant. Using the selected case the following subtasks must be done:
- Object-oriented design of the case; using at least two object-oriented design patterns
- Develop change scenarios;
- Problem Statement: explain the shortcomings of the object-oriented model with respect to the crosscutting concerns and show this using change scenarios.
Aspect-Oriented Programming in AspectJ
- Alternative aspect specifications using a different language than AspectJ
- Evaluation of the aspect-oriented approach and a comparison of both AOP approaches.
- Review (individual) of an assigned AOSD paper and its possible applicability to the adopted case
The project will clarify the concepts that have been taught during the classes. The deliverables of the project will be the following:
- demonstrable aspect-oriented program in Java
- Powerpoint presentation
- Workshop paper
December 12, 2012 - Deliver draft paper