Principles and stages of object-oriented software development. Overview of object-oriented software modeling with Unified Modeling Language and exposure to CASE tools for object-oriented development. Experience with such tools and environments through programming assignments and/or a term project.
- Bilkent: 4
- ECTS: 6.5
- CS 201
- Learn basics of the software engineering (SE) process life cycle.
- Learn what the object-oriented (OO) approach to software development is, through OO principles and design patterns.
- Learn UML (Unified Modeling Language) that is part of most CASE (Computer Aided Software Engineering) tools and the benefits of visual modelling / diagramming.
- Practice the application of principles of object-oriented software development through the course group project.
- Develop teamwork and communication skills through the course group project.