NSMC 2010 will be held in Williamsburg,
at the College of William & Mary, Computer Science Department,
September 16-17, 2010.
Co-located with the
7th International Conference on the Quantitative Evaluation of SysTems.
The Crim Dell - Credit: Stephen Salpukas - [Photo Gallery]
Peter Kemper (USA)
Evgenia Smirni (USA)
Program Committee Chairs
Michele Benzi (USA)
Tugrul Dayar (Turkey)
NSMC '10 is an international workshop that is devoted to all aspects of the numerical solution of Markov chains. The goals of NSMC '10 are:
- To foster collaboration among diverse researchers, to minimize unnecessary duplication and to encourage interdisciplinary, international exchange.
- To present unique and novel applications of Markov chains that need tailored algorithms and solutions that numerical analysts, computer scientists, mathematicians and statisticians can provide.
- To present recent and advanced techniques for solving Markov chains.
- To provide the opportunity for researchers who work in this area to present their latest research results. The collection of presentations is intended to be an authoritative overview of the field.
- To predict future directions and the field's most pressing needs, thereby motivating stimulating work in such areas.
NSMC '10 will be held simultaneously with the Quantitative Evaluation of SysTems (QEST '10).
Webmaster: Muhsin Can Orhan - morhan[at]cs.bilkent.edu.tr